Ice Breaker is a free domain parking theme for WordPress with four different color schemes, and easy customization through custom widgets and a theme options page.
With this theme, along with WordPress and a FeedBurner account, you can have an attractive landing page to collect subscribers and Twitter followers while you get your blog set up.
Below is a table of the latest releases of the Ice Breaker theme with links to view the live demo and download.
|Version 1.0.2||Demo||Download at WordPress.org|
|Version 1.0||Demo||Ice Breaker (269.1 KiB, 15,549 hits)|
This theme has a number of great features that make running your domain parking page via WordPress a cinch.
- Widget Ready – This theme is widget-ready and includes two custom-made widgets for rearranging items such as your subscription box, and social icons.
- Color Schemes – Four different color variations of this theme are included, and can be changed via a theme options page.
- Logo PSD File – Want a sample logo PSD file to easily edit the text in each of the four color schemes? Download it here.
- WordPress 2.8 Compatible – This theme requires WordPress 2.8 or above in order to function. Lower versions will not work.
- GPL Licensed – The Ice Breaker theme is licensed under the GPL, so you are free to do whatever you want with it.
- IE6 Compatible – Yeah, that’s right. It works in Internet Explorer 6.
Learn how exactly to use this free WordPress theme with the following free in-depth tutorials.
- FeedBurner Signup (coming soon) – Learn how to sign up to FeedBurner, which will power the e-mail subscription system used in Ice Breaker.
- Theme Options – A tour of the theme options page included with this theme, including how to use each of the options and what they’re for.
- Widgets – Find out how to use Ice Breaker’s built-in custom widgets for ultimate control of your future blog’s parking page.
- Logo PSD (coming soon) – If you have Photoshop, you can use the included sample logo PSD file to have an even more personalized landing page for your blog in the making.